Saturday, January 28, 2012

Yellow Cake - THE Basic Sponge

Finally! It's been so long since I've made a birthday cake, I was worried I'd have forgotten how! it's all go here today, I'm only able to type this up because I'm waiting for everything to cool! Kate's Bakes, my little baking business, has finally kicked off and I have two commissions due today; a raspberry pavlova for a wrap party and this yellow cake for a 22nd birthday.

This yellow cake is the most reliable recipe I've ever had, it always produces a moist, tender cake that tastes buttery and delicious; perfect filled with jam and cream and dusted with icing sugar for a simple afternoon treat or dressed up with frosting or fondant for a more statement cake.

Yellow Cake
Makes one 9" sandwich cake
  • 225g butter
  • 350g sugar
  • 360g plain flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 300mls milk
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 2 tsps vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 175 C, grease and line 2 tins
combine flour and baking powder in a bowl
In a larger bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla
Alternate adding milk and flour to this mixture and mix well
Bake for 30-35 mins, turning once halfway through
Cool completely then decorate


No comments:

Post a Comment